If you love the look and class of slate roofs but have either structural weight bearing or cost restraints, a composite slate roof might be just the thing for you. You will get the attractive look of slate without the structural weight and at a fraction of the cost.
What are they made of?
- Composite slate roofing shingles are made from one of two materials: plastic roofing or rubber slate.
- Plastic alternative slate tiles are made of a nonporous plastic, and they look like slate tiles but are lighter and less expensive.
- Rubber slate is made from recycled tires and looks surprisingly like natural slate and has a similar durability.
- With slate alternative shingles, you’ll get the curb appeal of slate at a fraction of the cost of natural slate or wood shake.
- Slate alternative shingles come in a variety of colors, such as the cool grey Antique Slate, Royal Slate with undertones of burgundy and blue, earth Emerald Green, and the ever neutral English Grey.
- Slate alternative shingles have the durability of slate with the convenience of composite shingles.
- Slate alternative shingles are fire resistant, with a Class A rating.
- Stain resistant slate alternative will keep your roof looking new for decades. No more algae streaks ruining the appearance of your home.
- Slate alternative roofs are installed with a roof deck protective underlayment for extra waterproofing.
- A leak barrier layer is also under all slate alternative shingles, adding even more water protection.
Call 215.259.3095 to find out more about Slate Alternative Shingles or click here for a Speedy Fast Quote.